Monday, March 19, 2012

Time to play with the kids

"I don't remember my mother ever playing with me. And she was a perfectly good mother. But she had to do the laundry and clean the house and do the grocery shopping."

I don't think my laundry is anything remarkable. Sometimes the amount I have to do makes me wish we didn't live in such an appearance based society, but that's life. We expect the person in line behind us at the grocery store to be free of offensive odors and rotting food stains. I'll do my part. I'll wash my laundry. Now, do I separate, do I risk colors bleeding, do I just say, "Heck with it," and toss everything in together? The saying, "It'll all come out in the wash," doesn't neccessarily apply to real laundry, does it? Laundry takes planning. But once you've done all the preparations and the wash cycle is done you're in the home stretch.
This is where things get tricky. Dryer sheets are off limits. Excuse me a second and let me refer to them as toxic sheets, so we can replace that soft Snuggle Bear image in our head with a skull and cross bones. If you suffer from allergies, headaches, dizziness, anxiety, or a number of more serious conditions, toxic sheets may be to blame, so lets skip this step. That's the tricky part, breaking a routine habit. Other than that, throw those wet clothes in the dryer on top of a half dozen Leaping Sheep wool dryer balls, shut the door, and start the cycle (a bit less time of course since the dryer balls absorb some of the moisture). Giving you more time and peace of mind to play with your kids.
From the Earth * To the Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment