Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Keep Children Safe in the Laundry Room

My heart is aching after the news of an accidental death today.  A toddler drowned in a washing machine while helping his mother with the laundry. The clip and full story is at  My prayers go out to the family and community of the child. 

Part of raising children is teaching them the routines of the home and how to accomplish them.  I love to hear about the mundane chores that children help out with and the family bonding that occurs during those times.  It's real life, the job needs done and the caretaker is setting a good example.

As a society we're making each other more aware of the possibilities of being poisoned from common household chemicals like bleach and ammonia.  From today's story, and others like it, we're reminded that the machines invented to make our lives a little easier are in fact death traps if not used with great caution.

If you have a family or dear friends, old or young, please give them a hug today and tell them you love them.  Accidents are just that, accidents.  But we never know when they'll happen.  We never know the outcome until it's over.  We never know the pain of grief until it crushes us.

Rest in peace little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment